Monday, January 10, 2011

Domestic Abuse



Domestic abuse is one topic I hardly ever talk about. A friend of mine had this status:

“While you scream at your woman, there’s a man wishing he could talk softly to her ear…While you humiliate, offend & insult her, there’s a man flirting with her & reminding her how wonderful she is. While you hurt your woman, there’s a man wishing he could make love to her. While you make your women cry there’s a man stealing smiles from her…Post this on your wall if you’re against Domestic Violence.”

Naturally I couldn’t help making this as mine as well. However, I do not believe that gentlemen exist. Anyhow, I can’t stand men who hit women & it doesn’t matter what the reason is. These men always come up with 101 reasons to justify their brutality. The fact is that women cannot fight men. It’s not a fair fight when you’re much bigger than someone.

I’m a huge fan of Sean Connery, but when I read that he doesn’t mind beating a woman if she’s a psycho, I didn’t like it. You can leave that woman. There is no need to beat the shit out of her.

And it’s not just husbands & boyfriends, it’s even fathers, brothers, & uncles in many cases. Although you can get rid of abusive husbands & boyfriends, but it’s a profound tragedy that you can’t throw away fathers, uncles & brothers.

The other day I read this stupid comment on some thread that men who can understand English do not hit women. It’s far from truth & I think that man is from another planet or he wants to stay in a state of denial. Physical & sexual abuse is something which happens everywhere. It’s another thing if people want to lie to themselves & feel better.

You live in fear when you stay in the house with wrestlers & I don’t know if there’s any solution. Yeah you can run away from the house, but when you have been manhandled by your own family, naturally you know the world out there would devour you like wolves. On top of it, we have people who keep pushing us to tie the knot, as if it’s the only thing in the world! Don’t you think it’s a bit scary to think about marriage when you have been hit by men you’re related to on a number of occasions? You cannot look up to anyone. It’s ironic that men who were supposed to protect you do not mind beating the shit out of you, cause you’re a burden & they hate to see you in the house. When you express yourself, you’re always wrong & sometimes when they don’t beat you for whatever crazy reason, they tell you that they want to kill you with something.

Countless women put up with shit, cause they have no place to go. There are also cases in which husbands even throw acid on their wives & then they get away with it. In our country, the police is so corrupt that we cannot even think of reporting.

I know I haven’t written a nice piece on it, but nevertheless I wanted to say something on it. I do miss my father. I know that he would have protected me from anything…anything at all & that I know for sure. It’s sheer hard luck that good fathers die & bad fathers live forever.